Monday, December 22, 2008

Eugene Snow of 2008

As my friends and family up North still suffer the turmoil of snow, I reflect on our brief winter wonderland. The snow was only here for a few days for us, long enough to enjoy it but short enough to not outstay its welcome.

During that time I enjoyed staying inside and avoiding everyday activities. Go to the gym? Oh no we can't possibly, look at all the snow. Go to the studio? Oh no it's 2 miles away and I can't get there by bike, car or bus in all that snow. By day three we broke down and walked for groceries, to the library and to the studio. I was sore for two days.



On Monday morning Zac lured me outside for a pleasant winter walk.On Monday morning Zac lured me outside for a pleasant winter walk.
"What's that honey you want me to come closer? Of course dear!"
"Wait, why are you reaching down to the grou...Wapt!"
A short snowball fight ensued. Of course I won and sent Zac heading for the hills:

That's right you better run!
Happy Holidays!

No comments: